TLC : Therapeutic low carb
Therapeutic Low Carb (TLC)
Challenging times require an action plan. What can we do?
We can focus on reducing the risks and taking the necessary steps to protect yourself, your family and others.
This pandemic hit us all by surprise. No one was prepared for it. Luckily, although this is a novel virus, there are science-backed known strategies to help boost the immune system and help control weight. We have put the science and the experience altogether in a very simple nutritional plan to follow.
Start by boosting your immune system and control your weight so that you can become more resilient to infection. Now, more than ever, nutrition matters! with 1 of 2 people having metabolic disorders and 7 of 10 having excess weight the time has come to reduce the threat and get healthier.
21 DAY TLC ACTION PLAN. It includes:
- PROTEIN POWDER as a building block for the immune system; help preserve muscle mass and increase satiety
- ESSENTIAL NUTRITION multivitamin and multimineral -easy to swallow-
- PROBIOTICS for improved gut function and immune system
- liquid VITAMIN B-12 (methylcobalamin) to help with stress and sleep
- high-potency OMEGA-3 as an anti-inflammatory agent
- Take ALL your supplements. Vitamins and minerals are needed for biological processes including immune modulation, satiety and fat burning.
- Optimal nutrition fuels metabolism. Choose clean, whole, fresh food. Preferably organic or grass-fed sourced
- Avoid snacking or grazing! Establish three mealtimes in the day and limit food intake to an 8-hour window; yes! this means that you should fast for the remaining 16 hours. The last meal of the day is anytime before 8:00 p.m.
- Beware of self-sabotaging actions, like drinking caloric beverages or consuming processed and nutrient-void foods (junk food)
- Drink enough water, infusions and/or organic green tea
- Make sure to include one electrolyte drink daily (sugar-free!). You can choose from bullion, bone broth or a homemade electrolyte drink from stirring and combining the following ingredients:
- 500ml (16oz) cold water
- 2 tbsp erythritol, monk fruit; or stevia, to taste
- 1 tbsp of honey (the only sugar you are allowed; once daily)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt or low-sodium salt
- lemon juice or lime juice, to taste
This program will also help you get into ketosis a lot faster and get off the carb flu a lot sooner.
If you have a medical condition like heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes, make sure to speak with your primary care physician as it may be necessary to adjust your medications and/or carbohydrate intake. This plan is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice.
Always inform your doctor of the supplements you are taking. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a healthcare professional if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medication. Use as directed. Not intended for children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
To a long, healthy, productive, and happy life,
Learn more about the topic on our OCC Youtube video: