Obesity Control Center is among only eight hospitals in Mexico to be fully accredited by Joint International Commission. We are also among only a handful of international facilities with a “Centers of Excellence” designation. The Centers of Excellence program recognizes medical facilities that have achieved the highest standards of care and are fully aligned with evidence-based national guidelines. This designation acknowledges healthcare facilities that have an exceptionally high concentration of medical expertise and resources in specialized areas of medical care.
JCI Accredited for 3 Years
Obesity Control Center has held the distinction of being a Joint Commission International-accredited practice (see below) for two three-year periods, and we were recently re-accredited.
OCC is awarded Joint Commission International accreditation
Accredited three times
Any hospital may apply for Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation. At OCC, we meet all the following criteria:
- The hospital is currently operating as a health care provider in the country, is licensed to provide care and treatment as a hospital, and performs a set of minimum procedures, including a complete range of acute care clinical services—diagnostic, curative, and rehabilitative.
- We deliver a defined set of services, such as bariatric surgery.
- Services are available 365 days per year; patient care services are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week; and provides ancillary and support services as needed for emergent, urgent, and/or emergency needs of patients 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- The hospital assumes responsibility for improving the quality of its care and services.
- The hospital is open and in full operation, admitting and discharging a volume of patients that will permit the complete evaluation of the implementation and sustained compliance with all current JCI accreditation standards for hospitals.
What is JCI?
The Joint Commission International is one of the world’s leading non-profit patient safety organizations. Working to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community, JCI offers education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification.
JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, academic medical centers, health systems and agencies, government ministries, academia, and international advocates in over 100 countries to promote strict standards of care.
JCI consults its Standards Advisory Panel to maintain best practices. This panel is comprised of experienced physicians, nurses, administrators, and public-policy experts from five major world regions: Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific Rim, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States. The panel’s recommendations are refined based on an international field review of the standards and input from experts and others with unique content knowledge.
OCC has been fully certified by JCI three times by adhering to a strict set of international standards. JCI continues to work with OCC to sustain our accreditation, keep our facility up-to-date with the newest standards, and offer guidance on the continuous expectation of performance improvement that JCI accreditation promotes.
SRC International Center of Excellence
SRC (Surgical Review Corporation) is a non-profit patient safety organization that offers accreditation to medical facilities in the USA and other countries. SRC Centers of Excellence are medical institutions that are recognized for dramatically enhancing the methods by which specific medical treatments are delivered. They are distinguished as citadels of expertise. Centers of Excellence offer innovative tools, technologies, and techniques to achieve better outcomes.
A world-class center for weight-loss surgery: Obesity Control Center
At OCC, we deliver exceptional care and support at every phase of your journey to a happier, healthier life. Every surgery we perform comes with a 5-year follow-up program. The goal of every member of our professional team is a happy, successful, healthier patient that refers their friends and family to OCC, and shares their experience with others. There is no greater compliment, and it happens every day. We focus on delivering the latest advances in weight-loss surgery, with improved outcomes and a shorter recovery time.